Welsh Government announce extension to application for environmental grant scheme

June 2024 | Arfor, Featured, Rural policy

blue solar panels during daytiem

The Welsh Government have announced an extension to the deadline for making applications to the Future Proofing Fund. The scheme is for micro, small and medium sized businesses that operate in the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors. The aim of the fund is to enable businesses to prepare their businesses for the future by investing in renewable energy technology, building improvements, or on equipment or more efficient machinery that uses less energy.

The scheme is worth £20 million, and there is an opportunity for every business that meets the criteria to make an application worth up to £10,000 or 75% of the expenditure cost, whichever is the lesser amount. Businesses are required to contribute the other 25% of the costs from other sources. You can make an application up until 12 on 13 June 2024. You can find more information regarding further criteria, along with instructions on how to make an application, by following this link.

Sign up to receive our free news bulletin

Register today if you would like to receive a regular email containing the latest Observatory articles.

Choose a language

You have successfully subscribed

Share This